SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN (under age of 14)
To submit an application for a child under age 14 both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:
- Evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship,
- Evidence of the child’s relationship to parents/guardian(s) AND
- Parental/guardian identification.
IF ONLY ONE PARENT APPEARS YOU MUST ALSO SUBMIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Second parent’s notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child,
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, OR
- A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent’s unavailability.
Each minor child applying for a passport book and/or passport card must appear in